Probate (uncontested) pricing
Applying for the grant, collecting and distributing the assets
Our fees for probate matters are typically charged on an hourly basis in line with the following hourly rates:
Fee earner type
Solicitors, Legal executives, Barristers, or other fee earners with over eight years post qualification experience including at least eight years litigation experience.
Solicitors, Legal executives, Barristers, or other fee earners with over four years post qualification experience including at least four years litigation experience.
Other Solicitors, Legal executives, Barristers, or other fee earners of equivalent experience
Trainee solicitors, Paralegals, Barristers, and other fee earners.
We anticipate this will take between 10 and 16 hours work. Total costs are typically estimated at between £2,000.00 - £4,000.00 plus VAT (which is charged at 20%).
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, a property and multiple bank accounts, costs will be at the higher end.
We will handle the full process for you. This quote is for estates where:
· There is a valid will
· There is no more than one property
· There are no more than 4 bank or building society accounts
· There are no other intangible assets
· There are 1-4 beneficiaries
· There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets. If disputes arise this is likely to lead to an increase in costs which will be quoted separately.
· There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC
· There are no claims made against the estate
Disbursements are not included in this fee. Typical disbursements in this process will include:
· Probate application fee of £155.00 if the value of the estate is £5,000.00 or over.
We will advise you if any further disbursement are likely to be incurred such as the fee for a deceased estates notice if this is deemed necessary.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Potential additional costs
· If there is no will or the estate consists of any share holdings (stocks and bonds) there is likely to be additional costs that could range significantly depending on the estate and how it is to be dealt with. We can give you a more accurate quote once we have more information.
· If any additional copies of the grant are required, they will cost £1.50 per copy.
· Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included.
How long will this take?
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 4-6 months. Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 6-8 weeks. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 8-12 weeks. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally takes 4-6 weeks.
Our team is made up of qualified solicitors (with at least four years’ experience), paralegals and barristers (with at least 4 years since call). The team is supervised by Director Mohammed Asghar who has over 25 years’ experience working in immigration and qualified as a solicitor in 1993.